This pickle bread recipe is a delightful treat for the holidays or any time of the year! Pickle lovers, you won't want to miss this one.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup melted salted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 SuckerPunch Dill Pickle Spears (or your favorite flavor), diced
- ¾ cup finely-shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dried dill
- Pre-heat oven to 350 dregrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, butter (make sure it is cooled a little), sour cream, garlic powder, sugar, salt, pickle juice, and eggs until smooth.
- Mix in the backing powder and flour and do not overmix.
- Add in the pickles, ½ cup cheddar cheese and 1 ¼ tablespoons of dill.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and spread the remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese on top and sprinkle the remaining dill on top of the bread.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes and check with a toothpick in center if it comes out clean. It may need another 2-5 minutes of bake time.
- Let cool completely before serving as bread will fall apart if cut too soon.
Back to Recipes